The city of Tunis on Friday 6 May 2011 from the morning, like many of the cities in Tunisia other massive march through which the demonstrators than ownership of the anger about what the government of El Beji commander Sbsi of maneuvers and acts to circumvent the revolution and to maintain the authoritarian regime the old, despite the suffered people Tunisian and sacrifices made by the martyrs to break with this system and a real democratic change.
The demonstrators raised slogans are all in the claim to dissolve the government and form a government of national unity, calling for a new revolution real Vusbandthm forces of public order and the political police teams masked with sticks and batons and tear gas. These forces have intervened brutally and hysteria against demonstrators and passers-by, did not escape the beating, kicking and insulting even the children, the elderly and Tunisian journalists and foreigners. The teams proceeded to the police storm the headquarters of the newspaper “Press” of the house, “La Presse” and the government to take off the door of the General Union of Tunisian Workers Street, Carthage.
The Avenue Habib Bourguiba, the center of the capital, the scene of these atrocities and the fighting lasted until the late hours of the day today to include neighboring areas of the capital, which is under siege police completely closed the shops and stopped the sanctity of the passage of private transport and the public as a result of acts of violence and campaigns to stop the broad in the ranks of demonstrators and passers-by.
All of these actions brought to mind what they were doing the police in the days of Ben Ali and reaffirmed that the political police and, contrary to claims the government Sbsi has not been dissolved, but still works with all its organs and the Band and the same methods and mental repressive wild, also confirmed that the Tunisian people are still deprived of freedom of expression and demonstration, and have proven that the Government Sbsi current is only an extension of the Ben Ali regime has proved the truth of we have already said that nothing changed and the old system still exists in all organs and tools, methods, and the revolution had not completed its tasks, but are at risk as long as the assembly and the political police Msitran on governance and economic institutions, financial and management information and on the overall aspects of political and public life.
The Tunisian Communist Workers Party:
- condemns these barbaric acts, it carries responsibility for the Government and known to be associated with the Interior Minister Ali bin system.
- Demanding an independent investigation to uncover those responsible for these acts is, implementation and Btaatbahm the judicial and dismiss the Minister of the Interior immediately and without waiting.
- Calls on the Government to resolve Sbsi failed and wrapped the revolution and the formation of a government of national unity capable of real management and leadership of the transitional phase and attaining the goals of the revolution.
- Renews its commitment to the people’s right of free expression, demonstration and all the gains of the revolution and its goals.
- Confirms all the victims of repression (citizens and journalists …) support, solidarity and readiness to continue the struggle with them and with all people in order to complete the tasks of the glorious revolution of 14 January.
Long live the revolution of dignity and freedom!
Down with the Sbsi government!
For a real government of national unity!
Open an investigation against those responsible for acts of repression and barbarism!
Tunisian Communist Workers Party
Tunisia, on 6 May 2011
The Tunisian Workers’ Communist Party (PCOT) is a Marxist-Leninist political party in Tunisia, which was prohibited for long, and was eventually legalized on March 18, 2011, upon decision by the national unity government.