Resolution of the International Conference of Marxist-Leninist Parties and Organisations on the Revolutionary Process in Burkina Faso and the Revolutionary Communist Party of Volta
As throughout the world and particularly in Africa, Burkina Faso is undergoing a many-sided structural adjustment crisis -an economic, political and institutional, social and moral crisis. The horrible assassination of the progressive journalist Norbert Zongo and his three friends on 13 December 1998 in Sapouy (100 km. from the capital city Ouagadougou) by the authorities of the IVth Republic is one of the factors that has revealed this crisis. It has also been the trigger of a vast popular movement (“Enough is Enough”) against exemption from punishment and for winning political liberty which, under the leadership of the Collective of Mass Democratic Organisations and Political Parties (CODMPP), has been shaking the country for more than 16 months. The platform of the Collective takes into account the democratic aspirations of the people of Burkina Faso and their desire for a qualitative political change in their favour.
Faced with this unprecedented powerful popular movement, which has undergone a burst of patriotic energy for national liberation, the authorities of the IVth Republic -with the mafia clan of Blaise Campoar and his party-state, the Congress For Democracy (CDP) at its head- supported by imperialism, especially French imperialism, has done everything in their power to stifle the legitimate aspirations of the people of Burkina Faso.
It has unleashed barbarous repression against the leaders and members of the CODMPP and against the people as a whole: arrests, tortures, assassinations, death threats, administrative sanctions, shooting on demonstrators with real bullets, sham trials, organising fascist-type militias, etc.
At the same time, by using delaying tactics and dirty political tricks (creation of numerous phoney commissions whose work continue aimlessly, inadmissible pressure on the judicial apparatus, crude frame-ups against democrats, revolutionaries and communists, etc.), it is trying to gain time to divert the people, to lead the popular movement astray in order to eliminate it.
Despite all this, the people are increasing their mobilisation every day, they are gaining confidence, organising themselves better, reinforcing their determination and their will to win their just demands, supporting the CODMPP, which is proving more and more each day to be the real representative of the country. The political consequence of all this is the deepening of the chasm which separates the rulers from the ruled in Burkina Faso, where the course of events has signs of an approaching revolutionary situation. All this indicates that Burkina Faso is ripe for a revolution.
Thus, the International Conference of M-L Parties and Organisations met in April 2000:
– denounces and condemns the fascistic, reactionary and treacherous authorities of the IVth Republic who have transformed the neo-colonial state of Burkina Faso into a mafia and mercenary state;
– denounces the manoeuvres of imperialism, especially the French imperialism, which is trying to prevent the emancipation of the people of Burkina Faso in order to continue to keep them under their yoke;
– firmly supports the just struggle of the people of Burkina Faso for their emancipation;
– salutes the decisive role which the Revolutionary Communist Party of Volta (PCRV) is playing in the present struggle of the people of Burkina Faso; firmly supports them in their efforts to set up a Provisional Revolutionary Government (GRP), the convocation of a Constituent National Assembly (ANC) and for the realisation of the National Democratic and Popular Revolution (RNDP);
– calls on all Marxist-Leninist parties and organisations to give their internationalist support to the people of Burkina Faso and to the PCRV in their struggle for the advent of a democratic and popular government in Burkina Faso.